Monday, May 20, 2013

I'm moving...

Well, Everyone is going to be shocked but..... I am moving!
 
I am moving to Factoryville, Penn. It is near to Scranton ( yes, that's right all you "Office" fans) .
Its all the sudden, crazy and fast, but I know that God is calling me there.

About 6 month ago I met some people on Facebook who as much as me LOVE Ethiopia. We began a great friendship. Mike who is a pastor at Grace Fellowship and Liv is his lovely wife and they are parents to 3 beautiful girls. One is adopted from Ethiopia and they are in the process of adopting a 10 year old boy from Ethiopia. We started are friendship with a weekly bible study (which I Skype for that). There are no words to describe what these 2 have helped me through. Coming home from Ethiopia was so hard and was very draining on me. They were willing to equip me and disciple me. Through them God has taught me so much. Together we have been praying to see where God is calling me.





I have been living in Manchester, Tenn just unable to get a job. It really does a toll on you when you can't get hired on at a job anywhere. I became very sad because I was uncertain that of what God was wanting me to do. Friday I went applied at another job and I didn't get. I just couldn't understand why wouldn't God give me a job. I prayed about it and this is the verse that came to my mind.

" You have stayed here long enough at this mountain!" Deuteronomy 1:6


I feel like God is telling me to GO where he has called me. My friends in PA have been inviting me to come live there for months . So I am taking a leap of Faith and going where God is leading me. I know nothing of future or what it hold but I know God does. God is always there taking care of his children. I know God has great plans for me. 

Now, I bet your wondering where I will stay... Great question!! 
Let me introduce you to......


Bethel and Carrie. These to lovely ladies attended the weekly bible study that I attend through Skype. We have began a friendship. These two have a huge heart for mission and love Ethiopia just as much I do. They have such open hearts to wherever God is calling them into the mission field. Bethel has offered me a place to sleep until I can get my feet on the ground.  They have been so encouraging and loving towards me and I am so grateful for them.


So this Wednesday I am taking the 14 hour drive to PA and starting a new chapter. Please pray for me because this is very hard and scary for me. I am yet again leaving everything I know and going into the unknown. Praying this is another door that will get me back to Africa

2 comments:

  1. Becca, We will be praying for you as you GO in obedience to God.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so happy to see what God holds for you in this new chapter of your life! I will be praying for you! I love you and are going to miss you soooooooo much but I feel you are doing the right thing-And we all know that God puts ppl in your life for a reason! We will be praying for you and will keep in contact! I have enjoyed all the time you have got to spend time with my family! Love you very much Becca, your peeps in TN-

    Dennis, Sherrie, Korben, Kale, Kaden, Erica, Layla (Vassar Family)
    God has a plan for all of us-we don't know it now but in His Time we will!

    ReplyDelete