Friday, January 6, 2012

God saved his life...



I wanted to share with you a story about this baby in the photo. This is Birhane nephew:) One day I called Birhane so see why he wasn't in school and said my sister had a baby. WHAT A BABY!! I didn't even know that she was pregnant. How could he have not told me this. "Birhane, I am so happy for you and your family."I began to ask Birhane questions and I asked him what is the baby's name? "His name is John." I told him, "John, that is a nice name." Then he told me, " Mom, we named him after you." WHAT!! I fell to my knees "after me?" At first I didn't get it, but my name is Rebecca Jean and if you say Jean with a french accent it sounds like John. I couldn't believe that his family just named a baby after me. What an honor!! I find God so amazing in the little things he gives us in life. I have a family that I love in Ethiopia. So I want to introduce you to baby Jean. 

Baby Jean Born 0ct 23 2011


When I returned to Ethiopia in November I got to meet Baby Jean for the first time. While talking to Birhane sister she told me something I didn't know before. She told me she wanted to get an abortion but Birhane told her no. He wanted the baby to live. Birhane saved this boy and his sister's life:) God is so amazing!! God is already using this boy to do his work. I can't wait to watch this baby boy grow up. I prayed over him and his life. That he will come to know Christ as his Lord and the God will use him to move mountains.  


1 comment:

  1. How wonderful that you have touched lives so much already. I wonder if your mother ever knew what she was doing by naming you after your grandmother. How special that is. God has made a special baby for certain.

    ReplyDelete