Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Living A Dream

The Journey begins…

SO, I am here in the country I love so much and I can’t believe that I am here in Ethiopia every day. My journey started with seeing the greatest boy Sami, who both came with another man to pick me up at the airport! I had no idea that Sami was going to be there. It was the greatest gift ever. He was wearing my Crazy Love shirt I gave him when I left the last time I saw him. I just couldn’t believe it! I was here in Ethiopia. The moment I step off the plane it was like home, I didn’t feel like a stranger. I just hope that nobody pinches me because I never want to wake up from this dream… Ephrem took me to the market to get mangos, pineapple and water for breakfast and then to dinner to eat pizza. It was a great time of fellowship. Ephrem dropped me off at a guest house and the moment he said goodbye and shut the door I realized … I am alone. I am here in a country that I don’t know the language and the only person I know is Ephrem. Where are the other 12 American who were with me on the last journey, who I could talk to at night? “This is Lord; it’s just you and me.” I realized that this journey is a love story written by God, a love story about God and me. God is the main character and I the character that is pursuing Gods heart and as well as for mine. 
So, for all of you that have been to Ethiopia or will come in the future. Yes, I had no water for two days. Not to mention that I didn’t have electricity for an evening. Yes I am waken every morning by a very loud donkey, dogs barking in the night or some strange bird sound.   So very grateful Ephrem took me to take a shower. I have internet now and grateful I can get in touch with the outside world! Ephrem has been teaching me a lot about patience and time. In Africa there is apparently…. time! There is time to do everything. I have to get adjusted to that for sure. I can’t believe I get to wake everyday serving God and working with the street kids…
More to come!

2 comments:

  1. Rebecca;

    I am so proud of you and for your convictions. You are blessed and will be blessed by being there. Your courage is a blessing to me. This from my young niece that came into the world while I lived with her mother. The cute little girl who used to stay summers with me. The young teen you were becoming the last time you stayed with me. Love you immensely. I look forward to your postings as your life unfolds. Wrapping my arms around you and in prayers too.

    Aunt Judy

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are so glad to see you are so happy! Praying for you everyday, for safety, and for souls to be saved. It is so sweet each night as I put the kids to bed they never forget to pray for Aunt Becky:)Be Safe and take care!
    Love you Sis~

    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete