Sunday, April 24, 2011

How do you pack your whole life into 2 suitcases?

I cant believe it, I am leaving in 2 weeks for Ethiopia. This month has been really tough emotionally for me. I had a Garage Sale two weekends ago and sold everything I owned. It was the toughest thing I had to do. I watched people walk away with things I worked so hard for. Gods has taught me so much how WE as  people put so much of our faith into our belongings. Our home and our things are our comfort zones. Even though I came home a cried, it was also very freeing. Giving up everything for the kids of Ethiopia is so worth it. If Christ can give is whole life up for me, I can do it for the street kids.

Today I am trying to figure out how I am going to pack my whole life into two suitcase. It's impossible!! I am already at 3 and have so much more. I am so very excited to be in Ethiopia and see everyone again. I cant wait for the new friendships that will be made. I cant wait to see what God has in store. I am trying really hard to go on this trip with no expectation because in these kinds of trips things always change! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment