Saturday, December 31, 2011

Waiting on the Lord

"I wait for the Lord, my soul waits, and in his word I put my hope"

Tomorrow begins a new year! A year that I can not wait to start. I know that 2012 is a year that God is going to plant seeds in many hearts of Ethiopian children. I know that God is going to show me things beyond my imagination. I also know its going to be a year of hard work and many tears. The best thing of all is I get to share my new adventures with my soul mate Jesus.

This last month has been a very hard month for me emotionally and mentally. As you know, God has called me into the mission field in Ethiopia Africa. I absolutely love this country and God has given me such a burden in my heart. Its a pain that has me on my knees daily praying for these children hearts and lives. I have dreams of children and this country. Its a love that I have never felt before for any human or thing. Sometimes I think I am crazy, but God just showed me that he is opening my eyes to his pain that he has for his children. This reminds me of a time during my last trip. I have have these 4 small boys who are from ages 5 - 8. They are the cutest kids ever seen:) One evening I was walking with a friend to get a taxi to head back to my hotel. As we were walking up to the street, looking at all the cars waiting for a green light and then I saw them. The four boys begging at every window. There hands trying to reach asking for food. I looked at my friend and said, "Is that Binyam and the boys?" Mesfin, my friend looked at me and said, "Yes!" I turned around. I could not face it anymore. "God, I can't look at it anymore." With tears running down my face I heard God tell me that I have to look at it. God called me to be his hands and told me to feed his children. I then took them to a bread shop, bought two pieces of bread and sent them home. See then God showed me that we are sharing a burden.

I know that I am called to this country to serve God and to bring glory to his name. What has been the hardest part is waiting on God to send me back. Ethiopia is where I am happiest and feel closer to God. I have a lot of children that I love and what to be with them. I want to be there to teach them and love them. God has giving me the love of a mother and I truly know what a mother feels when she is away from her babies.
I just keep asking God how, when and where can I get the money I need to raise. Its so hard because its a lot of money and I know deep down inside that no amount is to great for him:) The other day I got my doctor bill from when I had Malaria in September. That was difficult!! "Lord, why do I have this debt now?" " How will I ever get back to Africa now?"
Let me tell you all. I have no idea where the money is going to come from for everything, but I know that God does have a plan for it all. I KNOW HE WILL PROVIDE the money. I have to continue to be strong in my faith and TRUST him. You will see that God will be glorified through all of this.

Please pray for me during this time of waiting. Let my heart know that Gods timing is perfect and not mine. I need prayer for wisdom and discernment. Please pray that God will provide the funds and the ideas of doing so:) Please pray for these children of Ethiopia and their souls. Join me in being a soul fighter!! Thank you all for your prayers and support.

No comments:

Post a Comment